- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Turkish Pilaf Recipe
|Nut fat||2 Ounce|
|Vegetable oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Onions||3 Medium, sliced|
|Garlic||3 Clove (15 gm), chopped|
|Chopped ginger root/Preserved ginger||1 Tablespoon (Leveled)|
|Grated coconut||1 Tablespoon, desiccated|
|Dried apricots||2 Ounce, cut into strips|
|Seedless raisins||2 Ounce|
|Coconut milk||1 1⁄2 Pint|
|Orange slice||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Spring onions/Chives||1 Cup (16 tbs), chopped|
Calories 2498 Calories from Fat 1237
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 147 g226%
Saturated Fat 85.5 g427.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 457.6 mg19.1%
Total Carbohydrates 282 g94%
Dietary Fiber 28.6 g114.5%
Sugars 119.8 g
Protein 42 g83.2%
Vitamin A 31.1% Vitamin C 77.8%
Calcium 40.9% Iron 70%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) In a thick pan or iron casserole, gently saute the dry rice in the fat and oil until pale yellow.
2) Stir in the onions and garlic, saute for further 2-3 minutes .
3) Stir in the saffron, ginger, coconut, apricots, raisins and almonds, simmer covered for 15 minutes.
4) Pour in the coconut milk and cook until the rice is tender and almost dry, then season to taste.
5) Remove in a warm serving dish or casserole, garnish with orange slices, sprinkle with the spring onions or chives and serve immediately.