- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Turkish Pilaf Recipe
|Vegetable oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Onions||3 Medium, sliced|
|Garlic||3 Clove (15 gm), chopped|
|Chopped ginger root/Preserved ginger||1 Tablespoon (Leveled)|
|Grated coconut||1 Tablespoon, desiccated|
|Dried apricots||2 Ounce, cut into strips|
|Seedless raisins||2 Ounce|
|Coconut milk||1 1⁄2 Pint|
|Orange slice||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Spring onions/Chives||1 Cup (16 tbs), chopped|
Calories 2501 Calories from Fat 1259
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 148 g227.5%
Saturated Fat 85.3 g426.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 422.6 mg17.6%
Total Carbohydrates 280 g93.4%
Dietary Fiber 29 g116%
Sugars 119 g
Protein 41 g82.8%
Vitamin A 31.1% Vitamin C 77.8%
Calcium 43.3% Iron 66.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) In a thick pan or iron casserole, gently saute the dry rice in the fat and oil until pale yellow.
2) Stir in the onions and garlic, saute for further 2-3 minutes .
3) Stir in the saffron, ginger, coconut, apricots, raisins and almonds, simmer covered for 15 minutes.
4) Pour in the coconut milk and cook until the rice is tender and almost dry, then season to taste.
5) Remove in a warm serving dish or casserole, garnish with orange slices, sprinkle with the spring onions or chives and serve immediately.