- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Turkey Biryani Roast Recipe Video
|Mixed vegetables||2 Cup (32 tbs), diced|
|Turkey giblets and neck||1 Cup (16 tbs), diced|
|Water||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Ginger||1 Tablespoon, chopped finely|
|Garlic||1 Tablespoon, chopped finely|
|Turkey stuffing spice||2 Tablespoon|
|Lemon juice||1 Tablespoon|
|Olive oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Curd||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Coriander leaves||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), chopped|
|Mint leaves||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), chopped|
|Ginger garlic paste||1 Tablespoon|
|Chashew||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Cranberries||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), crushed|
|Coriandar powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Cumin powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Biryani masala||2 Teaspoon|
|Lemon juice||2 Tablespoon|
|Olive oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Garlic||1 1⁄2 Tablespoon, crushed|
|Soy sauce||1 Tablespoon|
|For dipping sauce|
|Coriander powder||2 Teaspoon|
|Cumin powder||2 Teaspoon|
|Chili powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Cranberry chutney||2 Teaspoon|
|Rice||2 Cup (32 tbs), par coo|
Calories 1931 Calories from Fat 775
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 87 g133.3%
Saturated Fat 24.2 g120.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 734.8 mg
Sodium 1124.6 mg46.9%
Total Carbohydrates 76 g25.4%
Dietary Fiber 10.4 g41.6%
Sugars 15.9 g
Protein 204 g407.3%
Vitamin A 90.8% Vitamin C 173.9%
Calcium 36.3% Iron 95.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Pre-heat oven at 325F or at 250F.
2. In a small bowl, put all ingredients of the rub mixture and stir to combine.
3. In another small bowl, place all ingredients of the basting mixture and mix well.
4. In a roasting tray, make a bed of mixed vegetables and turkey giblets and neck, pour water and place the turkey over it.
5. In a mixing bowl, put all ingredients of the curd mixture and mix. Add rice, mix again.
6. Stuff the curd rice mixture inside the turkey, cover with a cabbage leaf.
7. Wrap the leftover curd rice mixture in cabbage and lettuce leaves and place it on sides of the roast pan.
8. Apply the prepared rub mixture all over the turkey.
9. Bake at 325F for 2 hours or at at 250F for 3 hours. Brush with the basting mixture after every 20 minutes. Allow to sit for few minutes.
10. In a pan, heat butter, add cumin seeds and all other ingredients of the dipping sauce, pour the leftover juice in the roast pan along with the turkey giblets and neck. Also add vegetables, if desired.
11. Cut into chunks and serve with the prepared dip.