- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Thanksgiving Recipe - Turkey with Almonds and Apricots Recipe Video
|Turkey breast||5 Pound|
|Onions||2 , grated|
|Turmeric powder||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Ginger powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Salt||1 Teaspoon (to taste)|
|Pepper||1⁄2 Teaspoon (to taste)|
|Water||6 Cup (96 tbs)|
|Canola oil||3 Tablespoon|
|For almonds filling|
|Blanched almonds||9 Ounce|
|Ground cinnamon||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Butter||2 1⁄2 Tablespoon, melted|
|Orange blossom water||2 Tablespoon|
|Dried apricots||10 Ounce|
|Butter||1 1⁄2 Tablespoon|
|Water||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Orange blossom water||1 Tablespoon|
Calories 1163 Calories from Fat 560
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 64 g98.6%
Saturated Fat 14.6 g73.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 267.2 mg
Sodium 570 mg23.8%
Total Carbohydrates 56 g18.6%
Dietary Fiber 9.4 g37.6%
Sugars 41.1 g
Protein 94 g188.9%
Vitamin A 39.7% Vitamin C 6.9%
Calcium 19.3% Iron 43.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. ALMOND FILLING: In a blender add the almonds, cinnamon, sugar, butter and orange blossom water. Blend till it forms a smooth paste.
2. Cut 2 incisions in the turkey breast on two sides. Stuff it with the almond filling.
3. Using turkey lace and kitchen twine (watch the video) seal the incisions.
4. In a large saucepan heat canola oil on medium. Add the grated onions and the spices. Saute for a few minutes.
5. Put the turkey into the pan, cover and let the turkey cook for 5 minutes. Flip the turkey to the other side and continue to cook covered for 5 more minutes.
6. Pour 3 cups of water, cover and cook for 30 minutes without disturbing.
7. After 30 minutes carefully turn the turkey and continue to cook for another 30 minutes. Pour more water if required.
8. Turn the turkey and cook for 15 minutes. Later turn it again and cook for 15 more minutes. At this stage taste the sauce and adjust salt and pepper if required.
9. Continue cooking till the turkey is fully done. Check by poking with a fork. The meat should detach easily.
10. APRICOT: In a pan on medium heat add butter, apricot, cinnamon, honey, orange blossom water and water. Stir, cover and let it cook for 15 minutes or till the sauce is caramelized.
11. In a serving platter or flat dish, place the turkey. Pour the apricot sauce all over the turkey and serve hot.