- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Turkey Recipe Video
|Turkey||1 Small (heritage turkey)|
|Extra virgin olive oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Salt and pepper||To Taste|
|Rubbed sage||1 Tablespoon|
|Chopped shallot||2 Tablespoon|
|All purpose flour||2 Tablespoon|
|Rubbed sage||1 Teaspoon|
|Chicken broth||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Kosher salt||To Taste|
|Cracked pepper||To Taste|
Calories 721 Calories from Fat 329
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 36 g56%
Saturated Fat 9.3 g46.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 300 mg
Sodium 451.1 mg18.8%
Total Carbohydrates 7 g2.3%
Dietary Fiber 1.5 g6.1%
Sugars 0.2 g
Protein 86 g172.6%
Vitamin A 5.7% Vitamin C 2.5%
Calcium 12.1% Iron 36.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat the oven.
2. Cut the wings and legs of the turkey and leave the breast in bone.
3. Sprinkle salt and pepper all over the turkey and rub sage over it.
4. Place the turkey in a roasting tray and roast until the internal temperature reaches 165 F.
5. Remove the turkey and place it in other plate, wrap it with aluminium foil and let it rest.
6. In the same roasting tray with pan dripping, put in the shallots, and let it sweat and get soft.
7. Add in the flour, and stir until the mixture gets thicker.
8. Put in the sage, chicken broth and stir until the gravy is smooth.
9. Taste and add more salt and pepper if needed.
10. Carve the turkey and serve with gravy.