- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Turkey with Leek and White Wine Sauce Recipe
|Leeks||2 , trimmed and thinly sliced|
|Butter margarine||1 Tablespoon|
|Watercress||1 Cup (16 tbs), finely chopped|
|Turkey thighs/1 turkey breast half||2|
|Dry white wine||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Nonfat sour cream||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
Calories 460 Calories from Fat 227
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 25 g38.9%
Saturated Fat 1 g5.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 3.3 mg
Sodium 203.7 mg8.5%
Total Carbohydrates 27 g9%
Dietary Fiber 1.8 g7.1%
Sugars 6.4 g
Protein 29 g58.4%
Vitamin A 41.9% Vitamin C 24.3%
Calcium 12% Iron 11%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1.Take out the skin of turkey
2.. In a slow cooker, put leaks.
3.. Make a mixture of watercress, salt, pepper, bouillon granules, butter or margarine.
4. Cover the turkey from all sides with water cress mixture.
5. Put the turkey in the slow cooker.
6. Pour some wine in the slow cooker.
7. Cover the cooker.
8. Cook for 4- 5 hrs. Until turkey is soft and tender.
9. Once done, put the flame on high.
10. In a bowl, mix sour cream with cornstarch.
11. Add the cornstarch mixture to the cooker.
121. Cook for 15 minutes on a high flame with the lid on.
13.In a dish, serve sliced turkey topped with leeks and sauce.