- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Turkey Tetrazzini Recipe
|Turkey broth/Water||3 Quart, salted|
|Thin spaghetti/Fettuccine||8 Ounce|
|Butter/Margarine||7 Tablespoon, divided|
|Sliced fresh mushrooms||8 Ounce (3 Cups)|
|All purpose flour||3 Tablespoon|
|Turkey broth/Chicken broth||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Light cream||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Slightly beaten egg yolks||2|
|Chopped cooked turkey||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Grated parmesan cheese||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
Calories 766 Calories from Fat 402
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 45 g69.8%
Saturated Fat 24.5 g122.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 236 mg
Sodium 3859 mg160.8%
Total Carbohydrates 62 g20.6%
Dietary Fiber 2.4 g9.8%
Sugars 9.2 g
Protein 33 g65.5%
Vitamin A 22.1% Vitamin C 0.3%
Calcium 12.5% Iron 4.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Take a 6 quart Dutch oven or stockpot and put turkey broth or salted water in and let it boil.
2. Put pasta in it and boil for 8- 10 minutes until pasta is cooked.
3. Once done, strain and mix with 3 tablespoons of butter or margarine
4. Take a 10 inch skillet, heat the unused 1 tablespoon of butter.
5. Put mushroom in it and cook by stirring on medium high flame for 4-5 minutes.
6. Once done, keep the mushrooms separately.
7. Take a 2 quart saucepan with heavy bottom, put 3 tablespoon of butter or margarine in it.
8. Put flour, mix well and cook on medium flame for 5 minutes.
9. Keep stirring till a reddish brown mixture is formed.
10. Once done, turn off the heat and put broth mixture into it.
11. Heat it again and cook until thick.
12. Put turkey and cooked mushrooms and stir.
13. Add pasta and mix well.
14. Garnish with grated Parmesan cheese and serve.