- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Turkey Taco Salad Recipe
|Turkey||15 Ounce, ground|
|Water||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Taco seasoning mix||1 1⁄4 Ounce (1 Envelope)|
|Shredded lettuce||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Shredded carrot||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Diced celery||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Diced green bell pepper||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Chopped onion||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Shredded cheddar cheese||1 Ounce|
|Shredded monterey jack cheese||1 Ounce|
|Tomatoes||2 Medium, seeded and diced|
|6 inch corn tortillas||4 , heated and cut into 6 wedges each|
Calories 248 Calories from Fat 80
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 9 g13.7%
Saturated Fat 3.9 g19.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 60.3 mg
Sodium 587.8 mg24.5%
Total Carbohydrates 22 g7.2%
Dietary Fiber 2.6 g10.6%
Sugars 2.9 g
Protein 19 g38.3%
Vitamin A 147.7% Vitamin C 44.3%
Calcium 13.7% Iron 12.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Take a 10-inch nonstick skillet and spray with nonstick cooking spray.
2) Heat over medium heat.
3) Add turkey and with the back of a wooden spoon crumble the meat. Cook stirring occasionally, for 5 to 8 minutes.
4) Mix water and taco seasoning mix. Combine thoroughly and let the mixture boil.
5) Decrease heat to low and simmer stirring occasionally, for 15 to 20 minutes.
6) In a medium mixing bowl mix lettuce, carrot, celery, bell pepper, and onion.
7) Arrange serving platter with lettuce mixture.
8) Top with turkey mixture and sprinkle cheese over it.
9) Place diced tomatoes at the outer edge of platter.
10) Serve salad with tortilla wedges.