- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Turkey Stir Fry With Apricot Preserves Recipe
|Skinless boneless turkey breast||1 Pound|
|Fresh ginger||1 Tablespoon, minced|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), minced|
|Fruit only apricot preserves||1 Tablespoon (Or All Fruit)|
|Low-sodium soy sauce||1 Tablespoon|
|White vinegar||1 Tablespoon|
|Onion||1 , thinly sliced|
|Snow peas||1 Ounce|
|Sweet red pepper||1 , thinly sliced|
|Defatted chicken stock||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
Calories 379 Calories from Fat 59
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 7 g10.2%
Saturated Fat 1.1 g5.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 97.5 mg
Sodium 2609.2 mg108.7%
Total Carbohydrates 35 g11.7%
Dietary Fiber 4.3 g17.1%
Sugars 18.2 g
Protein 43 g85.4%
Vitamin A 45% Vitamin C 184.6%
Calcium 8.7% Iron 24.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Cut the turkey neatly into thin strips and put the meat in a large bowl.
2) Add the garlic, preserves, ginger, soy sauce and vinegar. Stir well to combine the ingredients together and set the mixture aside.
3) Place a large frying pan or wok over moderate-high heat and add the onions, snow peas and peppers. Stir-fry in the oil till the vegetables are just tender. This takes about 5 minutes.
4) Use a slotted spoon to remove the vegetables and set aside.
5) To the pan, add the turkey with the marinade. Stir-fry till the turkey has cooked thoroughly. This takes about 5 minutes.
6) Add the vegetables to the pan.
7) Dissolve the cornstarch in water in a cup and add the mixture to the pan.
8) Stir well till the mixture is thick.
9) Serve hot.