- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Turkey, Spinach and Brie Filo Pie Recipe
|Frozen spinach leaves||6 Ounce, thawed (175 Gram)|
|Butter||3 Ounce (75 Gram)|
|Olive oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Pine nuts||1 Ounce (25 Gram)|
|Boneless turkey breast||12 Ounce, cut into strips (375 Gram)|
|Brie cheese||6 Ounce, rind removed, cut into chunks (175 Gram)|
|Spring onions||4 , chopped|
|Dried oregano||1 Teaspoon|
|Lemon||1 (Use Grated Rind And Juice)|
|Filo pastry||8 Ounce, thawed if frozen (250 Gram)|
Calories 718 Calories from Fat 397
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 45 g69.3%
Saturated Fat 20.9 g104.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 143.5 mg
Sodium 763 mg31.8%
Total Carbohydrates 42 g14.2%
Dietary Fiber 4.1 g16.6%
Sugars 2.2 g
Protein 36 g71.8%
Vitamin A 120.3% Vitamin C 28.3%
Calcium 19% Iron 24.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat the oven to 200°C/400°F/Gas Mark 6.
2. Prepare the spinach by squeezing out excess water and chopping roughly.
3. In a frying pan melt 25 g / 1 oz of the butter with the oil, fry the pine nuts for 1-2 minutes.
4. Then add the turkey and fry such that browned.
5. Lower the heat and fry for 5 more minutes such that cooked.
6. Mix the contents of the pan with the spinach, Brie, spring onions, oregano, lemon rind and juice, and seasoning.
7. Melt the remaining butter in a pan, grease a baking sheet and cover it with 3 layers of filo pastry
8. Brush each layer with melted butter and place the spinach filling on the centre third of the pastry, about 2.5 cm / 1 inch from the top and bottom edges.
9. Layer the remaining pastry over the filling, brushing with the butter, fold in the all sides of the pastry to en-close the filling and scrunch the pastry on top.
10. Place in a preheated oven for 25 minutes, until the pastry is golden and crisp.
11. Serve hot with garnish as per desire.