- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Turkey Breast Shanghai Recipe
|Skinless boneless turkey breast||1 1⁄4 Pound (1 Package)|
|White wine||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), divided|
|Reduced sodium soy sauce||3 Tablespoon, divided|
|Ground black pepper||To Taste|
|White vinegar||2 Teaspoon (Rice Vinegar)|
|Vegetable oil||1 1⁄2 Tablespoon|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), minced|
|Minced ginger||1 Teaspoon|
|Carrots||2 , shredded|
|Green beans||1 1⁄2 Pound, split lengthwise and lightly steamed|
|Scallions||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), thinly sliced|
|Chinese noodles||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
Calories 534 Calories from Fat 170
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 20 g30.5%
Saturated Fat 2.9 g14.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 61 mg
Sodium 2014.3 mg83.9%
Total Carbohydrates 53 g17.8%
Dietary Fiber 9.6 g38.4%
Sugars 13.5 g
Protein 32 g63.5%
Vitamin A 105.5% Vitamin C 21.4%
Calcium 4.7% Iron 25.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) In a medium bowl, place turkey, by cutting it into thin strips.
2) Marinate it with 1/4 cup wine, 1 tablespoon soy sauce, cornstarch and pepper for 15 minutes at room temperature.
3) In the meantime, take a small bowl; mix remaining wine, 2 tablespoons soy sauce, sugar and vinegar in it and keep aside.
4) In a wok or large, heavy nonstick skillet, heated over medium-high heat, add oil gradually and sauté garlic, ginger and turkey mixture for 3 to 4 minutes until turkey is cooked well.
5) Stir in carrots, beans, scallions and reserved wine mixture and sauté for 1 to 2 minutes more.
6) Pour this over Chinese noodles.
7) If desired, garnish with scallion flowers and carrot and cilantro sprigs and serve hot.