- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Turkey Sausage Casserole Recipe
|Onion||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), diced|
|Diced onion||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Carrot||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), sliced|
|Sliced carrot||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Frozen peas||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|1% low fat milk||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|All-purpose flour||4 1⁄2 Teaspoon (1 Tablespoon Plus 1 1/2 Teaspoons)|
|All purpose flour||4 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Instant chicken broth and seasoning mix||1 Ounce (1 Packet)|
|Smoked turkey sausage||1⁄3 Pound, fully cooked, sliced (Sausage Links)|
|Smoked turkey sausage||1⁄3 Pound, fully cooked and sliced|
|Fresh parsley||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon, chopped|
|Chopped fresh parsley||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 558 Calories from Fat 207
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 23 g35.6%
Saturated Fat 2.3 g11.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 85.8 mg
Sodium 1938.4 mg80.8%
Total Carbohydrates 54 g18%
Dietary Fiber 8.4 g33.5%
Sugars 21.2 g
Protein 35 g69.4%
Vitamin A 269.8% Vitamin C 129.4%
Calcium 23.4% Iron 96.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a medium mixing bowl, whisk together 1/2 cup water, the milk, flour, broth mix, and pepper.
2. In a 2-quart microwavable casserole, mix onion and margarine.
3. Cover and cook on High for 2 minutes until onion is translucent; after 1 minute, stir once.
4. Add carrot and peas.
5. Cover and microwave on High for another 2 minutes until peas are heated; while cooking stir once after 1 minute.
6. Pour in the whisked milk mixture; mix well.
7. Cook on High for 4 minutes until the mixture thickens; stir vigorously once between cooking.
8. Stir in sausage and parsley; microwave on High for 3 minutes until the sausage is heated thoroughly; stir once after every minute.
9. Serve hot.