- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Turkey Salad With Honey Cream Dressing Recipe
|Nonfat yogurt||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Rotelle/Other shaped pasta||4 Ounce|
|Cooked turkey breast||2 Cup (32 tbs), cut into bite sized pieces|
|Sliced celery||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Orange sections||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Sliced water chestnuts||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Fresh minced parsley||2 Tablespoon|
|Orange juice||1 Tablespoon|
|Dry mustard||1 Teaspoon|
|Ground black pepper||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Poppy seeds||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Shredded kale||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
Calories 467 Calories from Fat 19
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 2 g3.7%
Saturated Fat 0.51 g2.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 1.1 mg
Sodium 110.2 mg4.6%
Total Carbohydrates 78 g26%
Dietary Fiber 3.9 g15.5%
Sugars 39.8 g
Protein 36 g71.6%
Vitamin A 118.6% Vitamin C 89.7%
Calcium 19.3% Iron 11.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Into a yogurt cheese funnel or a strainer lined with cheesecloth, spoon the yogurt. Into a yogurt cheese funnel or a strainer lined with cheesecloth, spoon the yogurt.
2) Over a glass, set the strainer and allow to drain for about 10 minutes.
3) In a pot of boiling water, cook the pasta for about 10 minutes or till it is just tender.
4) Drain the pasta, wash it with cold water and place in a large bowl.
5) Add the celery, turkey, water chestnuts, oranges and parsley. Toss well.
6) In a small bowl, put the yogurt and add the orange juice, honey, pepper, mustard and poppy seeds. Whisk well.
7) Pour the mixture all over the salad and toss well.
8) Use the kale to line plates and top with the salad.
9) Serve as preferred.