- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Turkey Rolls with Parsley Sauce Recipe
|Turkey breast cutlets||1 Pound (8 Pieces, 1/4 Inch Thick)|
|Skinless turkey leg meat||1⁄2 Pound, finely chopped|
|Finely chopped fresh parsley||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Chopped fresh parsley||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Freshly ground black pepper||To Taste|
|Unsalted turkey stock/Chicken stock||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Dry white wine||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Leek||1 Medium, cut into 3 inch long sections, finely sliced along their length|
|Unsalted butter||2 Tablespoon|
|Radishes||8 , thinly sliced|
Calories 362 Calories from Fat 120
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 14 g20.8%
Saturated Fat 5.6 g28%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 154.7 mg
Sodium 694.1 mg28.9%
Total Carbohydrates 11 g3.6%
Dietary Fiber 2.2 g8.9%
Sugars 2.9 g
Protein 44 g87.3%
Vitamin A 73.7% Vitamin C 84.2%
Calcium 9.9% Iron 24.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. To a medium jar of a food processor or blender, add the chopped turkey leg meat with egg whites and whole egg and process until smooth.
2. To a mixing bowl, transfer the mixture and add the chopped parsley, salt and pepper, mixing well.
3. Divide the stuffing in 8 equal portions, placing each portion of stuffing in the center of each cutlet, wrap the sides of the cutlet to cover the stuffing and secure with tooth picks.
4. To cook the turkey rolls, use a large shallow skillet
5. Arrange the turkey rolls in the pan.
6. Pour the stock and wine over the rolls.
7. Put the pan on a medium flame and bring the liquid to a boil. Reduce the heat and simmer, covered for 20 minutes until meat is tender.
8. Using a slotted spoon, transfer the rolls to a heated serving plate and cover with foil to keep warm.
9. Continue simmering the poaching liquid until it is reduced to about 3/4 cup.
10. Meanwhile, in a small sauce pan, boil water.
11. Blanch the 2 cups of parsley leaves in boiling water for 1 minute, drain and refresh under cold water.
12. In a food processor or blender, combine the blanched parsley with the reduced poaching liquid and puree until smooth.
13. Transfer the puree into a sauce boat and keep warm.
14. In a heavy-bottomed skillet, melt 1 tablespoon butter over low heat.
15. Sauté the leeks for 10 minutes until soft. Transfer the leeks to a plate.
16. Add more butter to the skillet if necessary and sauté the radishes for 1 minute until coated with butter.
17. Slice the turkey rolls diagonally into think slices and arrange on individual plates.
18. Accompany with leeks and radishes on the side.
19. Spoon a little sauce on each plate, without covering the meat or vegetables. Pass the sauce at the table.