- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Turkey Ramekins Recipe
|Frozen cut green beans||20 Ounce (2 Packages Of 10 Ounce Each)|
|Frozen wax beans||10 Ounce (1 Package)|
|Finely chopped onion||1 Tablespoon|
|All purpose flour||5 Tablespoon|
|Chicken bouillon cube/1 envelope instant chicken broth||1|
|Milk||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Grated parmesan cheese||4 Tablespoon|
|Diced roast turkey||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Cream||2 Tablespoon (For Whipping)|
Calories 368 Calories from Fat 154
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 17 g26.8%
Saturated Fat 10.2 g51.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 74.8 mg
Sodium 615.1 mg25.6%
Total Carbohydrates 27 g9.1%
Dietary Fiber 3.8 g15.3%
Sugars 9.4 g
Protein 23 g46%
Vitamin A 11.1% Vitamin C 7.2%
Calcium 25.8% Iron 6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Preheat the oven to 350°F.
2) In 2 medium-size saucepans, cook the green and wax beans as the per package directions, drain well.
3) Reserve 1/4 cup of both the beans for garnish.
4) In a large saucepan, saute the onion in butter or margarine until soft.
5) Stir in the flour, salt and pepper, stir continuously and cook until bubbly.
6) Stir in the bouillon cube or chicken broth and milk, then stir and cook until bouillon cube is dissolved and the sauce is thickened and boils for 1 minute.
7) Stir in 2 tablespoons cheese and reserve rest of the 2 tablespoons cheese and 1/2 cup sauce.
8) Stir the beans and turkey into rest of the sauce, mix well.
9) In 6 individual ovenproof baking dishes or a 8-cup shallow baking dish, spoon the mixture and cover with aluminum foil.
10) Bake in the preheated oven for 30 minutes, or until bubbly.
11) Then arrange the reserved beans in a spoke fashion on top.
12) In a small bowl, stiffly beat the cream and fold in the reserved 1/2 cup sauce.
13) Spoon into the centers of the baking dishes and sprinkle with reserved 2 tablespoons cheese.
14) Place about 4 inches from the heat and broil for 3 to 5 minutes or until sauce is puffy and golden.
15) Serve immediately.