- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Turkey Puffs Recipe
|Milk||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Sifted all purpose flour||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Boston lettuce leaves||6|
|For curried turkey salad|
|Cubed cooked turkey||4 Cup (64 tbs)|
|Minced onion||2 Tablespoon|
|Chopped celery||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Mayonnaise/Salad dressing||1 1⁄4 Cup (20 tbs)|
|Curry powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Lemon juice||2 Teaspoon|
|Grated onion||2 Teaspoon|
Calories 621 Calories from Fat 391
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 43 g66.9%
Saturated Fat 6 g29.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 208.3 mg
Sodium 884.3 mg36.8%
Total Carbohydrates 26 g8.8%
Dietary Fiber 1.6 g6.6%
Sugars 4 g
Protein 28 g56.2%
Vitamin A 21.8% Vitamin C 6.7%
Calcium 9.7% Iron 17.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat the oven to 400°.
2. For making the curried turkey salad, in a large bowl combine turkey, minced onion and celery.
3. In a small bowl blend mayonnaise or salad dressing, curry powder, sugar, salt, lemon juice and grated onion.
4. Over turkey spoon the mixture, toss to mix well and chill.
5. To make the puffs, in a medium-size bowl, beat eggs such that foamy and mix in milk, flour and salt briskly for 1/2 minute.
6. Scrape down along the side of bowl and beat 1 1/2 minutes longer.
7. Into 6 well-greased 6-ounce custard cups pour the thin and smooth batter, filling each 1/3 full.
8. In a shallow pan set the cups, without letting them touch the pan.
9. Bake in hot oven 400° for 50 minutes such that puffed and golden-brown and remove from cups.
10. In side of each poke a small hole, let steam escape and cool on a wire rack.
11. In a large frying pan saute bacon such that crisp, around the tines of a fork roll each slice to make a curl and drain on paper toweling.
12. Cut the popovers lengthwise in half and line half of each with lettuce.
13. Then fill with curried turkey salad dividing evenly
14. Garnish with bacon curls and serve with remaining popover halves.