- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Turkey/Chicken Pot Pie Recipe Video
|Butter||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Flour||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Chicken stock/Chicken broth||1 3⁄4 Cup (28 tbs)|
|Milk||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Turkey meat||2 1⁄2 Cup (40 tbs), cooked, drained|
|Canned green beans||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Canned corn||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Pepper powder||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
Calories 682 Calories from Fat 302
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 34 g52%
Saturated Fat 15.3 g76.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 98.2 mg
Sodium 928.5 mg38.7%
Total Carbohydrates 62 g20.8%
Dietary Fiber 3.7 g15%
Sugars 3.6 g
Protein 31 g61.9%
Vitamin A 6.6% Vitamin C 0.87%
Calcium 6.4% Iron 19.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat the oven at 325 degrees F.
2. In a medium sauce pan, melt butter and add flour to it. Stir it well with a spatula.
3. Add chicken broth and milk and keep stirring until thick.
4. Add turkey, green beans and corn. Mix it well and turn off the heat. Season with salt and pepper.
5. Transfer the mixture in a 9 inch pie dish lined with a pie crust. Cover the dish with another pie curst. Seal the edges.
6. Remove the extra pie crust from the sides. Make some perforations on the pie crust with a knife.
7. Bake it for about 40 minutes at 325 F until golden brown. Let it cool for 5 minutes before serving.
8. Serve the Crusty Turkey Pie topped with butter cream.