- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Turkey Pie Recipe
|Rich chicken stock||2 1⁄2 Cup (40 tbs)|
|Milk||2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs)|
|Frozen peas||10 Ounce (1 Package)|
|Carrots||1 Pound, cooked, sliced|
|Pearl onions||1 Pound, cooked and drained|
|Turkey||2 Cup (32 tbs), cooked, cubed|
|Black pepper||To Taste|
|Flaky pastry||1⁄2 Pound|
|Egg yolk||1 , mixed with 1 tablespoon water for glazing|
|Water||1 Tablespoon, mixed with egg yolk (For Glazing)|
Calories 738 Calories from Fat 300
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 34 g51.7%
Saturated Fat 13 g65.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 173.2 mg
Sodium 620.7 mg25.9%
Total Carbohydrates 67 g22.3%
Dietary Fiber 8 g31.9%
Sugars 23 g
Protein 40 g80.4%
Vitamin A 417.7% Vitamin C 37.4%
Calcium 15.7% Iron 23.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) On top of a double boiler,stir in butter until melted and flour and mix well until well blended.
2) Add chicken stock and milk and stir until sauce is smooth without lumps.
3) Now add peas, carrots, onions and turkey meat.
4) Add required salt and pepper.
5) Into a large pie dish,pour the mixture.
6) Top with flaky pastry and brush with egg yolk mixture and bake in a preheated 450°F oven for about 15 to 20 minutes, or until pastry is cooked and golden.
7) The versatile pie is ready to be served.