- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Turkey Meatloaf Recipe
|Lean ground turkey||1 1⁄4 Pound|
|Breadcrumbs||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Skim milk||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Egg white||1 , lightly beaten|
|Onion||1 Small, finely chopped or grated|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), put through a garlic press|
|Green pepper||1⁄2 Small, finely chopped|
|Dried oregano||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Ground cumin||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Freshly ground black pepper||To Taste|
|Brown sugar||3 Tablespoon|
|Catsup||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Dried mustard||1 Teaspoon|
Calories 311 Calories from Fat 91
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 10 g16.1%
Saturated Fat 3.2 g16.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 100.4 mg
Sodium 414.2 mg17.3%
Total Carbohydrates 22 g7.5%
Dietary Fiber 1.2 g4.8%
Sugars 17.4 g
Protein 29 g57.8%
Vitamin A 6.9% Vitamin C 21.7%
Calcium 10.8% Iron 11.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Pre-heat the oven to 350°F.
2. In a bowl, place the ground turkey.
3. With a fork break it up.
4. In a small bowl, combine the breadcrumbs and milk.
5. Mix this into the ground turkey.
6. Add the egg white to this and mix well.
7. Next, mix in the onion, garlic, green pepper, catsup, oregano, cumin, and salt and pepper to taste thoroughly.
8. Take a 9 X 5 X 3-inch loaf pan and pour the mixture in.
9. Rap the pan on the counter to settle the meat, and smooth the top with the back of a fork.
10. In the oven, bake the meatloaf for 40 minutes.
11. The loaf will shrink a little and a savory liquid collected in the dish. Carefully pour this out on a bowl. It can be used as gravy later on.
12. In a bowl, mix the glaze ingredients – brown sugar, catsup and mustard.
13. Spread the glaze over the top of the meatloaf.
14. Bake for 20 minutes more.
15. Let the loaf stand for 5 minutes or so before slicing it.
16. You can serve with low-fat mashed potatoes.