- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Turkey Gravy and Roux Recipe Video
|Chicken broth||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Turkey drippings||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1930 Calories from Fat 1814
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 202 g311%
Saturated Fat 96.1 g480.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 246.3 mg82.1%
Sodium 1410.5 mg58.8%
Total Carbohydrates 23 g7.8%
Dietary Fiber 0.82 g3.3%
Sugars 0.6 g
Protein 4 g7.8%
Vitamin A 15% Vitamin C
Calcium 1.2% Iron 7.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a pan, melt the butter.
2. Add the flour and stir continuously. Make sure the mix doesn't burn but only browns.
3. Next, add the chicken broth and stir.
4. Add the drippings from turkey fat into the pan next.
5. Add salt and pepper to season and blend together well.
6. This mix makes an turkey gravy for your turkey for Thanksgiving.