- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Turkey Gravy Recipe
|Turkey giblets and neck||1 Pound|
|Onions||2 , peeled, halved|
|Celery stalks||2 , halved|
|Bay leaf||2 Teaspoon|
|Turkey drippings||6 Tablespoon|
|Corn starch||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Water||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Chicken bouillon cubes||3|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1659 Calories from Fat 1016
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 113 g173.6%
Saturated Fat 47.7 g238.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 1161.5 mg
Sodium 7585.5 mg316.1%
Total Carbohydrates 71 g23.8%
Dietary Fiber 8.8 g35.4%
Sugars 13.1 g
Protein 87 g173.4%
Vitamin A 889.9% Vitamin C 144.7%
Calcium 22.7% Iron 165%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a stockpot, combine first 6 ingredients.
2. Bring to a boil on a medium flame.
3. Reduce heat, cover pot and let stock simmer for 30 minutes.
4. Strain the broth into a measuring jar and set aside until ready to make the gravy before serving.
5. Pour and measure the drippings from the roast pan.
6. Let cool, them skim off the fat.
7. Pour into a clean saucepan along with giblet stock.
8. Boil until reduced and concentrated.
9. Crumble bouillon cubes into the liquid.
10. In the meantime, blend cornstarch in cold water.
11. Spoon some of the hot liquid from pan into cornstarch mixture then pour it into the pan.
12. Simmer, stirring constantly, until thick.
13. Strain into a gravy boat.
14. Serve the gravy with roast turkey.