- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Turkey Galantine Recipe
|Frozen boneless turkey roast||2 (Packaged)|
|Unflavored gelatin||2 Tablespoon (2 Envelopes)|
|Light cream||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|All purpose flour||2 Tablespoon|
|Chicken broth||3 Cup (48 tbs) (From 2 Cans, 14 Ounce Each)|
|Hard cooked egg yolks||2|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 2363 Calories from Fat 1241
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 140 g215.1%
Saturated Fat 72.5 g362.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 686.2 mg
Sodium 8336 mg347.3%
Total Carbohydrates 57 g18.9%
Dietary Fiber 1.3 g5.2%
Sugars 4 g
Protein 210 g420.3%
Vitamin A 102.3% Vitamin C 12.8%
Calcium 16.9% Iron 84.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
2. One day before your party, sprinkle 1 envelope of the gelatin over the cream in a small bowl; let stand several minutes to soften gelatin.
3. Melt 2 tablespoons of the butter or margarine in a medium-size saucepan; stir in flour, salt and 1 cup of the chicken broth. Cook, stirring constantly, until mixture thickens and bubbles 3 minutes; stir in gelatin mixture until dissolved; remove from heat. Chill till thick as unbeaten egg white.
4. Place turkey roasts on a wire rack set in a jelly-roll pan. Spoon part of the thickened gelatin mixture over roasts to coat; chill until set. Repeat twice more with remaining gelatin mixture, chilling until set between each coat, to make a smooth even coating.
5. Press egg yolks through a sieve into a small bowl; blend in remaining ,2 tablespoons butter or margarine. Press mixture through a cake-decorating set onto top of one roast to form blossoms. Cut petal shapes from carrot slices; arrange with parsley sprigs around eggs to make flowers and stems.
6. Sprinkle remaining 1 envelope gelatin over the remaining 2 cups chicken broth in a small saucepan; heat, stirring constantly, until gelatin dissolves. Chill until as thick as unbeaten egg white. Spoon part over decorations on roast to coat well. Transfer both roasts to a clean tray or plate; chill.
7. Pour remaining gelatin mixture into an 8x8x2-inch pan; chill several hours, or until firm.
8. When ready to serve, place decorated roast on a large serving plate; slice the second roast and arrange slices at side. Cut gelatin mixture in the pan into very thin cubes; spoon evenly around meat on plate.