- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Turkey Filling For Roast Turkey Recipe
|Stale bread loaf||1|
|White onions||6 , sliced|
|Parsley||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Celery||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Eggs||2 , beaten|
|Thyme||1 Teaspoon (If Desired)|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1389 Calories from Fat 917
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 104 g160.3%
Saturated Fat 62 g310.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 666.8 mg
Sodium 2393.5 mg99.7%
Total Carbohydrates 97 g32.5%
Dietary Fiber 18.3 g73.2%
Sugars 38.4 g
Protein 27 g53.6%
Vitamin A 132.8% Vitamin C 187.4%
Calcium 40% Iron 40.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Cut the bread into small pieces including the crust.
2. In a skillet, melt butter over medium flame.
3. Add the onions, parsley and celery and sauté in the butter for about 10 minutes until well browned.
4. Add the bread pieces and sauté until all the butter is soaked up.
5. Gradually add the eggs, stirring all the time until soaked up by the bread.
6. Season with salt, pepper and thyme and take off the flame and cool.
7. Use as a stuffing for turkey if you like.