- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Turkey Cutlets with Pear Pecan Stuffing Recipe
|Celery||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), minced|
|Shallots||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), minced|
|Olive oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Pecans||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), chopped|
|Pears||1 Cup (16 tbs), diced|
|Whole wheat bread crumbs||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Dried thyme||3⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Ground allspice||1⁄8 Teaspoon|
|Chicken stock||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Turkey cutlets||1 Pound|
|Pear juice||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Chives||2 Tablespoon, snipped|
|Fresh parsley||2 Tablespoon, minced|
Calories 227 Calories from Fat 77
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 9 g13.8%
Saturated Fat 0.9 g4.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0.36 mg
Sodium 39.7 mg1.7%
Total Carbohydrates 20 g6.7%
Dietary Fiber 2.9 g11.8%
Sugars 4.8 g
Protein 19 g37.2%
Vitamin A 18.5% Vitamin C 33.2%
Calcium 4.3% Iron 9.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F
2. Coat a 9 X 9-inch baking dish with nonstick spray.
3. Place the cutlets in-between two sheets of waxed paper and then pound the cutlet till it is about 1/ to 1/2 inch in thickness. Set the cutlets aside till required.
4. In a cup, combine the pear juice and 3 tablespoons of the stock and mix well
5. In a large nonstick frying pan, place the celery and the shallots and add oil to the pan.
6. SautÃ© the celery and the shallots over medium heat till the vegetables are soft. This will take about 4 minutes
7. Add the pecans to the pan and toast gently for one minute. Take care not to burn the nuts. Remove the pan from the heat.
8. Add the pears, the bread crumbs, the thyme and the allspice to the pan along with one tablespoon of stock.
9. Place this stuffing equally on top of the cutlets by mounding or piling them on top of the cutlets and carefully tie up the cutlets till they are completely enclosing the filling. If necessary use butchers twine to ensure that the roll is complete.
10. Place the cutlets on the baking tray and lightly mist the cutlets with the baking spray
11. Spoon the prepared pear juice mixture over the cutlets in the baking tray
12. Cover with foil paper and bake for 20 minutes
13. Remove the foil just after 20 minutes and bake on an open flame for 10-15 minutes more or till brown
14. Sere hot with sour cream and sprinkled with chives and parsley