- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Turkey Crust Pizza Recipe
|Turkey meat||2 Pound, finely chopped|
|Dry bread crumbs||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Scallion||1 , chopped|
|Egg whites||2 , beaten|
|Hot pepper sauce||4 Drop|
|Ground black pepper||To Taste|
|White wine||2 Tablespoon|
|Part skim mozzarella cheese||1 1⁄4 Cup (20 tbs), grated|
|Pizza sauce||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Virgin olive oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Onion||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), finley chopped|
|Pepper||1 Large, cut into strips (Green Or Red)|
|Mushrooms||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs), sliced|
|Italian plum tomatoes||35 Ounce, canned|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm), finely chopped|
|Red wine vinegar||2 Tablespoon|
|Chopped basil/1 teaspoon dried basil||1 Tablespoon|
|Dried oregano||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
Calories 534 Calories from Fat 155
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 17 g26.6%
Saturated Fat 6.7 g33.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 181.1 mg
Sodium 1405.6 mg58.6%
Total Carbohydrates 24 g8%
Dietary Fiber 3.8 g15%
Sugars 11.1 g
Protein 66 g131.5%
Vitamin A 39.8% Vitamin C 39.1%
Calcium 55.7% Iron 24.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. To make the sauce, use a heavy-bottomed saucepan
2. Heat oil in the pan over medium heat.
3. Add the onions and sauté, stirring frequently, until they are soft and transparent.
4. Add pepper and mushrooms and sauté for 2 minutes.
5. Add remaining sauce ingredients to the pan.
6. Bring to a boil, then lower the heat and simmer the sauce for 40 minutes, stirring occasionally. Take off heat and set aside.
7. Preheat the oven to 400° F.
8. Grease a shallow 10- to 12-inch round baking dish with a teaspoon of oil.
9. In a large mixing bowl,
10. Combine the bread crumbs, scallion, egg whites, hot red pepper sauce, 1 teaspoon of oil, salt and pepper and mix well.
11. Add 1/2 cup of the pizza sauce to the bowl and pour in the white wine. Blend well.
12. Mix in the ground turkey.
13. Spread the turkey mixture uniformly over the bottom of the prepared pie dish and over the sides making it resemble a pie crust.
14. Spoon half of the warm sauce onto the turkey crust.
15. Cover with the grated cheeses.
16. Ladle the remaining sauce over the cheese layer.
17. Sprinkle with freshly ground black pepper.
18. Place the dish in the preheated over and bake for 15 minutes.
19. Remove and it let stand for five minutes.
20. Cut into equal slices and serve from the pie dish.