- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Turkey Croquettes Recipe
|Onion||1 Large, skinned and sliced|
|Chicken stock||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Light cream||2 Tablespoon|
|Flour||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Ground cumin||1⁄8 Teaspoon|
|Parsley sprigs||2 , leaves removed|
|Cooked turkey meat||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs), skinned and diced (Brown Meat)|
|Dry bread crumbs||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Oil||2 Cup (32 tbs) (For Deep Frying)|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1721 Calories from Fat 983
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 111 g171.1%
Saturated Fat 40.8 g204.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 506.8 mg
Sodium 1767.7 mg73.7%
Total Carbohydrates 95 g31.6%
Dietary Fiber 8.5 g34%
Sugars 18.8 g
Protein 85 g170.9%
Vitamin A 37.6% Vitamin C 44.4%
Calcium 28.9% Iron 54.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
2. Turn mixture into a saucepan, and stir over low heat until it is very thick. Cool completely.
3. Process turkey meat until finely shredded.
4. Add to the cooled sauce, blending well. Chill.
5. Shape the mixture into 8 equal-sized sausage shapes. Chill again for several hours.
6. An hour before serving, beat egg with water in a mixing bowl.
7. Spread bread crumbs on waxed paper.
8. Dip croquettes in egg, then roll in crumbs.
9. Leave to dry for 30 minutes.
10. Heat oil, and fry croquettes until golden-brown. Drain on paper towelling.