- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Turkey Chow Mein Recipe
|Canned bean sprouts||16 Ounce, drained (1 can)|
|Celery stalks||2 , cut into 1-inch pieces|
|Onion slice||8 , separated into rings|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), peeled and chopped (optional)|
|Oil||2 Tablespoon (as needed, for stir-frying)|
|Boneless cooked turkey||2 Cup (32 tbs), chopped (Armour Golden star, young)|
|Chow mein noodles||2 Cup (32 tbs) (Packaged)|
|Chicken bouillon cubes||2 , dissolved in 1 1/2 cups boiling water|
|Soy sauce||2 Tablespoon|
Calories 535 Calories from Fat 206
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 24 g36.7%
Saturated Fat 4 g20%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 85.8 mg
Sodium 1460.5 mg60.9%
Total Carbohydrates 37 g12.2%
Dietary Fiber 4.5 g17.8%
Sugars 6.6 g
Protein 46 g92%
Vitamin A 2.3% Vitamin C 30.3%
Calcium 4.1% Iron 17.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Prepare all the vegetables.
2. Mix together the sauce ingredients, whisking in the cornstarch last.
3. Heat a wok or large deep frying pan over high heat.
4. Add garlic to hot oil sautÃ© for 20 seconds then add the celery and onions
5. Stir-fry until tender-crisp.
6. Add the bean sprouts and the turkey and sautÃ© a minute.
7. Add the sauce.
8. Heat to boiling, then add the noodles.
9. Mix well and heat through.
10. Serve the Turkey Chow Mein immediately in bowls.