- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Turkey Breast Roulette (Spinach and Mushrooms) Recipe Video
|Turkey breast meat||3 Pound, boneless|
|Mushroom||1⁄2 Pound, sliced|
|Baby spinach leaves||1⁄2 Bunch (50 gm)|
|Onion||1 Small, chopped finely|
|Crumbled feta cheese||2 Ounce|
|Vegetable oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm), minced|
|Ground chili pepper||To Taste|
|All purpose flour||1 Tablespoon|
|Orange marmalade||3 Ounce (sugar free)|
|Olive oil||2 Tablespoon|
Calories 535 Calories from Fat 252
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 28 g43.3%
Saturated Fat 7.1 g35.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 155.8 mg51.9%
Sodium 323.5 mg13.5%
Total Carbohydrates 16 g5.3%
Dietary Fiber 1 g4.2%
Sugars 10.5 g
Protein 53 g106.1%
Vitamin A 14.8% Vitamin C 10.1%
Calcium 9.9% Iron 19.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Remove the turkey skin by slowly separating it from the meat. Retain it for later use.
2. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
3. In a pan fry the onions in vegetable oil until translucent. Add garlic cloves into the pan, stir and continue frying until golden.
4. Put the sliced mushrooms into the pot. Season with salt and ground chili pepper and stir. Add the baby spinach, stir and continue frying until the baby spinach becomes dark green.
5. Cut the boneless and skinless turkey breast in half. Butterfly the turkey breast and tenderize it using a meat hammer.
6. Spread the mushroom and spinach mixture on top of the turkey breast and sprinkle the cumbered feta cheese on top.
7. Roll the turkey breast into a tight log. Cut the turkey skin in half and wrap it around the rolled turkey breast and secure with toothpick. Sprinkle salt and paprika all over the skin.
8. Sprinkle flour in an Oven bag and put the turkey into it. Place the oven bag into a non-stick baking pan. Brush the turkey with orange marmalade and pour olive oil on top.
9. Tie and poke few holes into the oven bag (Follow your oven bag instructions).
10. Place the turkey in oven for 90 minutes or until the meat thermometer reaches 180degrees-200 degrees F (82 degrees – 93 degrees C).
11. Open the oven bag and place the turkey back into the oven for 30 more minutes. Baste it with the juice from the pan every 10 minutes.
12. After 30 minutes, remove from oven and allow to sit for a few minutes before slicing.
13. In a serving platter, slice and serve the turkey with any side dish of choice like mashed potatoes or a gravy or salad.
Double the ingredients and repeat the steps for the other half of turkey breast if preferred.