- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Turkey Breakfast Sausage Patties-Easy, Quick and Flavorful Recipe Video
|Ground turkey||1 Pound|
|Seasoning salt/Smoked salt||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Black pepper||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Garlic powder||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Cloves powder||1 Pinch|
|Red pepper flakes||1 Pinch|
|Cayenne pepper||1 Pinch (Optional)|
|Fennel seed||1 Teaspoon (1/2-1)|
|Olive oil||2 Tablespoon, divided (1- patty mix (optional); 1- frying)|
Calories 280 Calories from Fat 182
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 20 g31.4%
Saturated Fat 5.7 g28.3%
Trans Fat 0.3 g
Cholesterol 97.7 mg
Sodium 837.3 mg34.9%
Total Carbohydrates 4 g1.2%
Dietary Fiber 1.9 g7.5%
Sugars 0.2 g
Protein 21 g41.2%
Vitamin A 6.3% Vitamin C 5.9%
Calcium 6.7% Iron 15.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a large bowl place ground turkey; set aside.
2. In another bowl, mix together spices.
3. Add spices to ground turkey and mix until spices are evenly distributed throughout the meat.
4. Mix in olive oil if using. (this add extra moisture)
5. Shape turkey sausage into small patties.
6. Fry up a small sample patty to test out the seasonings. Adjust the seasoning if needed.
7. Refrigerate overnight.
8. In a large skillet heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil and butter on medium heat.
9. Place sausages into the hot skillet and cook until browned and the middle is no longer pink.
10. Cooking time will vary based on the thickness of the patty about 5 minutes on each side.
11. Be careful not to overcook or the sausages will be dry in texture.
12. Let sausage drain on paper towels.
13. In a serving plate, serve the turkey patties with bread and egg or on toast.
This can also be frozen before frying for future use.