- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Turkey Blue Cheese Sandwich With Grace Salad Recipe
|Vegetable oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Sherry vinegar/Balsamic vinegar||2 Tablespoon|
|Freshly ground black pepper||To Taste|
|Watercress||4 Ounce (1 Bunch)|
|Grapes||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs) (Preferably Red, Seedless)|
|Pecan halves||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Whole wheat bread slice||4|
|Blue cheese||4 Ounce, crumbled|
|Turkey||6 Ounce, sliced, baked or smoked|
Calories 523 Calories from Fat 328
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 38 g58.1%
Saturated Fat 12.3 g61.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 68 mg
Sodium 687.6 mg28.7%
Total Carbohydrates 29 g9.7%
Dietary Fiber 3.4 g13.4%
Sugars 11.8 g
Protein 21 g41.2%
Vitamin A 27.2% Vitamin C 31.6%
Calcium 25.2% Iron 13.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a small bowl combine the oil and vinegar and season lightly with salt and pepper.
2. Rinse the watercress and cut off the leaves, leaving about 1/2 inch of stem and dry them.
3. Rinse the grapes and leave them whole if they are small or else halve them.
4. Coarsely chop the pecans.
5. In a mixing bowl combine them with the watercress, grapes and half the dressing.
6. Right before serving, toast the bread lightly, butter the toasted bread slices while still warm and sprinkle them with the blue cheese.
7. Draping the turkey slices over the blue cheese drizzle the remaining dressing over the turkey.
8. Serve the sandwiches open-face, with the grape and watercress salad alongside.