- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Turkey and Wild Rice Casserole Recipe
|Wild rice||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Special oil||6 Tablespoon|
|Mushrooms||1 Pound, sliced|
|Chopped onions||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Freshly ground black pepper||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Diced cooked turkey||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Blanched sliced almonds||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Chicken broth||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Yogurt||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
Calories 637 Calories from Fat 286
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 33 g50%
Saturated Fat 6.1 g30.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 81.4 mg
Sodium 1220.2 mg50.8%
Total Carbohydrates 43 g14.4%
Dietary Fiber 4.7 g18.9%
Sugars 8.8 g
Protein 46 g92.7%
Vitamin A 1.9% Vitamin C 7.3%
Calcium 13.3% Iron 9.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Preheat the oven to 350° F.
2) Rinse the wild rice thoroughly with water.
3) In a pan, cover the rice with water and bring to a boil; turn off the heat, and allow to soak for 1 hour, then drain thoroughly.
4) In a skillet, saute the mushrooms and onions in 3 tablespoons oil for 10 minutes.
5) In a large bowl, combine the sauteed vegetables, drained wild rice, salt, pepper, turkey, almonds, chicken broth and yogurt together, mix thoroughly
6) In a greased casserole, turn the mixture, cover and bake in the preheated oven for 1 1/4 hours.
7) Uncover, drizzle the mixture with 3 tablespoons oil and bake for another 20 minutes.
8) Serve the Turkey and Wild Rice Casserole hot.