- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Turkey and Shrimp Kabobs with Tomatoes Recipe
|Skinless boneless turkey breast||8 Ounce|
|Shrimp||8 Ounce, peeled and deveined|
|Lemon juice||2 Tablespoon|
|Fresh parsley||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), minced|
|Garlic||4 Clove (20 gm), minced|
|Jalapeno pepper||1 , minced|
|Shallots||2 Tablespoon, minced|
|Olive oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Red pepper flakes||1 Teaspoon|
|Dried basil||1 Teaspoon|
|Tomatoes||1 1⁄2 Pound, peeled, seeded,and chopped|
|Hot cooked rice||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
Calories 334 Calories from Fat 58
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 7 g10.1%
Saturated Fat 1 g5.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 110.6 mg
Sodium 677.1 mg28.2%
Total Carbohydrates 43 g14.2%
Dietary Fiber 3.9 g15.4%
Sugars 6.9 g
Protein 26 g52.3%
Vitamin A 42.8% Vitamin C 66.3%
Calcium 9.8% Iron 28.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Cut the turkey into one inch cubes
2. Place the turkey in a bowl, with the shrimp and the lemon juice and cover and let stand for 30 minutes.
3. In a large frying pan, place the parsley, garlic, peppers, shallots, oil, pepper flakes, and basil.
4. SautÃ© this mixture over medium heat for five minutes till completely cooked.
5. Add the tomatoes to the pan and cover and cook for ten minutes more
6. Thread the turkey and the shrimp onto the skewers in alternating arrangements
7. Broil the skewers four inches from the heat until cooked through. This should take about three minutes per side.
8. Serve warm with rice and cooked tomatoes.