- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Turkey And Orange Salad Recipe
|Turkey||3 Cup (48 tbs), cooked, diced|
|Shallots||4 , finely chopped|
|Celery stalks||2 , sliced|
|Oranges||4 Small, peeled and divided into sections|
|Olive oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Wine vinegar||1 Tablespoon|
|Ground black pepper||To Taste|
|Grapes||1 Cup (16 tbs), halved, seeded|
|Slivered almonds||1 Tablespoon, toasted|
Calories 492 Calories from Fat 201
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 23 g35.2%
Saturated Fat 4.6 g22.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 129.6 mg
Sodium 396.1 mg16.5%
Total Carbohydrates 33 g11.1%
Dietary Fiber 5.3 g21.3%
Sugars 21.3 g
Protein 40 g80%
Vitamin A 31.2% Vitamin C 134.4%
Calcium 13.6% Iron 18.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Mix together turkey, shallots and celery with a dressing made with 3 parts olive oil to 1 part wine vinegar.
2) Season the mixture with salt, pepper and rosemary.
3) Toss well to combine and marinate for at least 2 hours.
4) Just before serving, add orange sections, toss lightly again adding more dressing if required.
5) Line a glass salad bowl with lettuce leaves, arrange with salad and garnish with black olives, grapes and toasted almonds and serve.