- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Turkey And Citrus Stir Fry Recipe
|Orange||1 Large, finely grated zest and juice|
|Lime||1 , finely grated zest and juice|
|Dry mustard||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm), finely chopped|
|Finely chopped fresh ginger||2 Tablespoon|
|Boneless skinless turkey breasts||1 Pound|
|Canola oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Onions||4 , thinly sliced|
|Snow peas||4 Ounce, trimmed|
Calories 302 Calories from Fat 78
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 9 g13.6%
Saturated Fat 0.99 g5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 182.5 mg7.6%
Total Carbohydrates 27 g9%
Dietary Fiber 4.7 g18.8%
Sugars 11.8 g
Protein 31 g61.4%
Vitamin A 8.5% Vitamin C 88.1%
Calcium 7.4% Iron 6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Reserve 1/2 cup of orange juice.
2. In the remaining juice, blend in the cornstarch, mustard, garlic, ginger, zests and lime juice.
3. Slice the Turkey breasts into thin strips.
4. In a shallow dish, combine the turkey strips in the marinade and toss well to coat.
5. Cover the dish and marinate for a minimum of 10 minutes.
6. In a large wok or nonstick skillet, heat 1 tablespoon oil.
7. Add the onions and stir-fry for about 4 minutes or until soft and golden.
8. Tip in the snow peas and stir-fry for another 3 minutes.
9. Using a slotted spoon, remove the vegetables into a bowl.
10. Add the remaining oil to the wok and heat well.
11. Add the marinated turkey along with the marinade and stir-fry for about 3 minutes until tender.
12. Return cooked vegetables to wok and pour in the reserved orange juice.
13. Let simmer for 3 minutes until sauce is heated through and slightly thickened.
14. Serve the stir fried turkey and vegetables over steamed rice