- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Turkey And Carrot Nut Loaf Recipe
|Olive oil/Canola oil||2 Teaspoon|
|Carrots||1 Pound, coarsely shredded|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm), finely chopped|
|Mushrooms||8 Ounce, finely chopped|
|Mixed nuts||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs), unsalted|
|Lean ground turkey||8 Ounce|
|Cooked long grain rice||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Scallions||2 , chopped|
Calories 363 Calories from Fat 222
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 24 g37%
Saturated Fat 4.4 g21.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 26.7 mg
Sodium 260.1 mg10.8%
Total Carbohydrates 22 g7.3%
Dietary Fiber 5.7 g22.8%
Sugars 5.7 g
Protein 18 g35.9%
Vitamin A 254.2% Vitamin C 11.2%
Calcium 9.7% Iron 4.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat an oven.
2. Take a large skillet and heat oil on medium heat. Add garlic, carrots and sauté for 5 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
3. Add the mushrooms and cook for 3 minutes or till mushrooms turn soft.
4. Take a food processor and finely chop the nuts.
5. Remove the vegetables from the heat and add the chopped nuts in it.
6. Add the turkey, rice, egg white, scallions, salt and pepper and mix properly.
7. Take 8 1/2"" x 3 1/2"" x 2 1/2"" loaf pan and line it with a nonstick or foil. Place the pan in the preheated oven for 50 minutes or until turn firm from the center portion.
8. Serve the loaf immediately as a side dish.