- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Surf & Turf Recipe Video
|Lobster tail||2 Large|
|T bone steaks||3 Pound|
|Sea salt||1 Teaspoon (Other(Full absorption))|
|Cracked black pepper||1⁄2 Teaspoon (to taste)|
|Melted butter||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Seasoning mix||1 Teaspoon|
|Mixed herb||1 Teaspoon|
Calories 3058 Calories from Fat 1391
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 201 g308.7%
Saturated Fat 35.3 g176.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 455.5 mg
Sodium 2115.9 mg88.2%
Total Carbohydrates 73 g24.5%
Dietary Fiber 7.9 g31.5%
Sugars 40 g
Protein 130 g259.9%
Vitamin A 27.9% Vitamin C 5.2%
Calcium 11.9% Iron 32.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
Things You Will NeedGrill
1. Trim excess fat from the steaks. If they are too thick, flatten slight with a meat hammer.
2. Lay the tails bottom side up on a cutting board. Using a large knife, cut the tails in half length-wise. Use kitchen scissors to get all the way through the shell if you need to.
3. Fire or heat up an electric, infrared or barbecue grill
4. Season both sides of the T-bones with salt and pepper, lightly pressing the seasoning so that it sticks.
5. Season the lobster tails with your preferred seafood seasoning.
6. Season the melted butter with your favorite spice and herb mix.
7. Arrange the t-bones on the heated grill, and sear them on both sides then baste them with butter and cook them until tender and done to preferred degree of doneness. About 8-9 minutes for rare, 9-12 minutes for medium rare, 12- 15 minutes for medium done steaks.
8. Place the lobster tails on the grill, flesh side up. Brush the flesh with butter mixture. When the shells turn color, give the lobster tails one last baste, and place them flesh side down on the hot grill. Be careful of flare-ups from the dripping butter. Cook flesh side down for 4 to 5 minutes until light grill marks show. Flip the lobster tails to shell side down. Baste with the butter mixture several times during the next 3 to 6 minutes until the lobster meat is firm and opaque
9. Serve the turf and surf meal with a bowl of melted butter on the side!