- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Tunisian Omelet Recipe
|Garlic||4 Clove (20 gm), peeled|
|Caraway seeds||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Extra virgin olive oil||3 Tablespoon|
|Onion||1 Medium, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch dice|
|Green bell pepper||1 , stemmed, seeded, and cut into 1-inch dice|
|Red bell pepper||1 , stemmed, seeded, and cut into 1-inch dice|
|Prepared tomato sauce||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Ripe tomato||1 Large, ripe, cored, seeded, and cut into 1/2-inch dice|
|Eggs||4 Large, broken into a bowl|
|Flat-leaf parsley||2 Tablespoon, coarsely chopped (For Garnish)|
Calories 288 Calories from Fat 154
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 17 g26.7%
Saturated Fat 2.5 g12.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 211.5 mg
Sodium 244.3 mg10.2%
Total Carbohydrates 23 g7.8%
Dietary Fiber 5.8 g23.1%
Sugars 10.8 g
Protein 11 g21.6%
Vitamin A 78.5% Vitamin C 174.5%
Calcium 10.8% Iron 15.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Chop together garlic, caraway, and salt finely and then keep aside.
2) In a large nonstick skillet, over medium-low heat, heat oil and sauté onion, bell peppers, and bay leaf for 5 minutes in it.
3) Mix in tomato sauce, chopped tomato, and harissa and again cook the mixture for 5 minutes until cooked well.
4) Slip in the eggs carefully.
5) Break the yolks using a wooden spoon and swirl the eggs around in the vegetable mixture for about 2 minutes until set and the egg whites look just slightly runny.
6) Garnish with parsley and serve at once.