- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Tuna And Potato Cutlet Recipe Video
|Potatoes||5 Medium, boiled peeled and mashed|
|Canned tuna in oil||15 Ounce (2 Small Cans)|
|Lime||1⁄2 , squeezed|
|Red onion||1 Medium, finely chopped|
|Ginger||1 Inch, ground into paste|
|Garlic cloves||6 , ground into paste|
|Green chilies||4 , finely chopped|
|Fresh cilantro sprigs||1 Tablespoon, finely chopped|
|Coriander powder||2 Tablespoon|
|Cumin powder||1 Tablespoon|
|Semolina||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Oil||1 Cup (16 tbs) (For Frying)|
Calories 725 Calories from Fat 404
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 46 g70.2%
Saturated Fat 6.2 g30.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 12.8 mg
Sodium 331 mg13.8%
Total Carbohydrates 54 g17.9%
Dietary Fiber 6.9 g27.8%
Sugars 2.5 g
Protein 28 g56.5%
Vitamin A 6.1% Vitamin C 81.5%
Calcium 9.2% Iron 22.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Drain all oil from tuna and marinate in lime juice.
2) In a large bowl combine all the ingredients except oil and semolina together; mix thoroughly.
3) Divide this mixture into equal portions and shape into flat round cutlets.
4) Roll each cutlet in the semolina until nicely coated.
5) In a frying pan, shallow fry 4 to 5 cutlets at a time in oil over a medium heat, until golden brown. Remove and drain on paper towel.
6) Serve the hot tuna and potato cutlets with coriander-mint chutney.