- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Korean Food: Tuna Kimchi Soup (참치 김치찌개) Recipe Video
|Kimchi||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs), cut into 1-inch pieces|
|Water||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Tuna||1 Cup (16 tbs) (Tuna packed in oil)|
|Tofu||1⁄2 , slice into 1/2-inch square pieces|
|Onion||1⁄4 Large, cut into 1/2-inch pieces|
|Green onion||1 Large, cut into 1-inch pieces|
|Green hot pepper||1⁄2 Medium, cut into 1-inch pieces|
|Red hot pepper||1⁄2 Medium, cut into 1-inch pieces|
|Kimchi broth||1⁄8 Cup (2 tbs)|
|Garlic||1 Teaspoon, minced|
|Red pepper powder||1 Tablespoon|
|Canola oil/Vegetable oil||1 Tablespoon (If using tuna packaged in water) (Optional)|
Calories 226 Calories from Fat 94
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 11 g16.3%
Saturated Fat 1.4 g7.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 22.8 mg
Sodium 1064.1 mg44.3%
Total Carbohydrates 11 g3.8%
Dietary Fiber 4.2 g16.8%
Sugars 3 g
Protein 20 g40.2%
Vitamin A 70.5% Vitamin C 76.4%
Calcium 6.7% Iron 7.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Take a bowl and put in the tuna pieces along with the oil in it.
2. Take a pan, add the kimchi and water, cover it and boil it on high heat.
3. Once the soup starts boiling, add the onion and tuna along with the oil. Then add the kimchi broth, minced garlic, red pepper powder and salt. Cover the lid and cook for 15 to 20 minutes until the kimchi is cooked.
4. After 15 minutes, add the tofu, green onions and chilli peppers. Cook for 5 more minutes and turn off the heat.
5. Serve the soup warm with rice and other Korean side dishes.
If you use tuna packaged in water instead of oil, add 1 Tbsp of vegetable or canola oil.