- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Tuna in Cheese Biscuit Baskets Recipe
|Milk||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Tuna||14 Ounce, flaked (Drained)|
|Hard cooked eggs||2 , diced|
|Pimiento||3 Tablespoon, diced|
|Biscuit mix||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Cheese||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), firmly packed|
|Milk||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
Calories 473 Calories from Fat 138
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 16 g23.9%
Saturated Fat 7.8 g39%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 135.7 mg
Sodium 280 mg11.7%
Total Carbohydrates 59 g19.7%
Dietary Fiber 2.8 g11.3%
Sugars 9.1 g
Protein 24 g47.2%
Vitamin A 41.4% Vitamin C 10.6%
Calcium 33.2% Iron 21.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat the oven at (425°F.).
2. In a pan melt butter over low heat and stir in flour.
3. Add milk and cook over low heat, stirring constantly until thickened.
4. Add tuna, eggs and pimiento and keep warm.
5. Into a bowl measure biscuit mix and stir in cheese.
6. Add milk and stir only enough to moisten biscuit mix.
7. Turn out on floured board and knead gently.
8. Pat out to a rectangle 8 inches wide and 1/2 inch thick and cut into 8 squares.
9. Grease cups of a large muffin pan.
10. Press each square down into greased muffin pan cups, covering sides and bottom.
11. Spoon in creamed tuna mixture and bake in the preheated oven for about 20 to 25 minutes.
12. Serve with garnish as desired.