- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Tuna and Cheese Pizza Roll Ups Recipe
|Water||1 1⁄4 Cup (20 tbs)|
|Sifted flour||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Garlic salt||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Mozzarella cheese||2 1⁄2 Cup (40 tbs)|
|Canned tuna||14 Ounce|
|Green pepper||1 Medium|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 3643 Calories from Fat 1380
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 156 g240.6%
Saturated Fat 73.3 g366.5%
Trans Fat 2 g
Cholesterol 404 mg
Sodium 7568.3 mg315.3%
Total Carbohydrates 326 g108.5%
Dietary Fiber 19.7 g78.7%
Sugars 23.3 g
Protein 224 g448.9%
Vitamin A 100.8% Vitamin C 213.5%
Calcium 188.1% Iron 175.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Dissolve yeast in 1/4 cup warm water and allow it to froth, about 10 minutes
2. Preheat oven to 400°F before you are ready to bake
3. Grease 2 cookie sheets .
4. In a sauce pan, heat remaining water to simmering.
5. In mixing bowl, combine sugar, shortening and salt in mixing bowl.
6. Stir in hot water until sugar is dissolved and shortening has melted.
7. Allow the mixture to cool to lukewarm.
8. Into the liquid, gradually add 1 cup flour and it beat until smooth.
9. Then add the yeast starter and beat well.
10. Stir in enough remaining flour to make a moderately stiff dough.
11. Turn the dough out onto a lightly floured surface and knead it for 5 to 8 minutes or until it is smooth and elastic.
12. Shape into a ball and place it in a lightly greased bowl, grease surface of the dough as well
13. Cover the bowl and place in a warm area to allow dough to ferment for 1 ½ hours or until it doubles in bulk.
14. When spring to touch, turn out onto surface and punch down to expel the air.
15. Roll dough into a 14x24-inch rectangle about 1/4-inch thick.
16. In a bowl, combine the remaining ingredients except butter.
17. Spoon filling evenly onto dough, slightly pressing filling into dough.
18. Roll dough lengthwise like a jelly roll, and cut into 1-inch pieces.
19. Arrange rolls on cookie sheets about an inch apart.
20. Let roll-ups sit for 10 minutes, then brush them with butter.
21. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or till golden brown.
22. Serve the tuna and cheese pizza rolls with tomato ketchup.
23. Provide cocktail sticks to eat the cheese bites if you are serving them at a cocktail party.