- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Tuna Stuffed Tomatoes Recipe
|Canned chunk light tuna in water||6 1⁄2 Ounce, drained (1 can)|
|Chopped celery||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Mayonnaise||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs) (Imitation or low calorie)|
|Chopped parsley||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Minced green onion||2 Tablespoon|
|Black pepper||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Parsley sprigs/Chives / dill||3 (for garnish)|
Calories 48 Calories from Fat 31
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 3 g5.2%
Saturated Fat 0.29 g1.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 7.4 mg
Sodium 68.9 mg2.9%
Total Carbohydrates 2 g0.6%
Dietary Fiber 0.4 g1.6%
Sugars 1.2 g
Protein 2 g4.7%
Vitamin A 5.7% Vitamin C 11.4%
Calcium 0.9% Iron 0.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Thinly slice the tops off the tomatoes.
2. Use a small teaspoon to scoop out the seeds and pulp.
3. Leave the tomatoes to drain, setting them upside down.
4. In a bowl, combine mayonnaise with remaining ingredients.
5. Whisk until well blended.
6. Fold in the drained tuna.
7. Spoon the tuna salad into the tomatoes, packing them well.
8. Refrigerate to chill before serving.
9. Garnish with parsley and serve as a party appetizer