- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Tuna Stuffed Pancakes Recipe
|Canned tuna||7 1⁄2 Ounce, drained (1 Can)|
|Plain flour||4 Tablespoon (Leveled)|
|French mustard||1 Teaspoon (Leveled)|
|Lemon juice||1 Tablespoon|
|Mature cheddar cheese||2 Ounce|
|Ground black pepper||To Taste|
|Egg||1 Large, beaten|
Calories 524 Calories from Fat 258
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 29 g44.4%
Saturated Fat 10.5 g52.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 82.5 mg
Sodium 374.6 mg15.6%
Total Carbohydrates 37 g12.3%
Dietary Fiber 1.1 g4.3%
Sugars 6.7 g
Protein 28 g56.3%
Vitamin A 16.5% Vitamin C 3%
Calcium 15.7% Iron 13.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Make the tuna flakes.
2) In a bowl prepare the pancake mixture by mixing the flour and salt, make the well in the centre and place the egg and half quantity of milk.
3) Beat the mixture well and make a smooth batter.
4) Mix in more milk, if required.
5) In a saucepan prepare tuna sauce.
6) In pan, melt the margarine and add lour in it.
7) Remove the pan from teh heat and slowly add the milk.
8) Beat the mixture well and again keep on fire.
9) Keep stirring and boil it.
10) Add to the pan mustard, juice of lemon along with cheese and tuna.
11) Adjsut the seasoning by adding salt and pepper.
12) To make pancakes, in a 7 inch pan melt the butter.
13) Pour a spoonful of batter and cook the pancake from both sides for approximately 10-15 seconds.
14) Prepare 8 pancakes.
15) Fold the pancakes into half and fill the pockets with prepared tuna sauce.
16) Take either a shallow over proof dish or 8 inch foil plate and place the pancake pockets onto it.
17) Heat the pancakes and serve them.