- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Tuna Stuffed Jalapenos Recipe Video
|Jalapeno||6 Large (Chilies)|
|Cider vinegar||2 Tablespoon|
|Brown sugar||2 1⁄2 Tablespoon|
|Olive oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Garlic||1 Tablespoon, finely chopped|
|Plum tomato||1 , seeded, skinned|
|Tuna||6 Ounce, drained (1 Can)|
|Green olives||5 , pitted and chopped|
|Flat leaf parsley||1 Teaspoon|
|Fat free feta||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
Calories 355 Calories from Fat 114
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 13 g19.6%
Saturated Fat 2.2 g10.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 36.4 mg12.1%
Sodium 1992.5 mg83%
Total Carbohydrates 28 g9.3%
Dietary Fiber 2 g8.1%
Sugars 20.7 g
Protein 31 g61.6%
Vitamin A 59% Vitamin C 48.6%
Calcium 17.2% Iron 10.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Add 3 cups of water, cider vinegar, brown sugar, and salt into a pot and bring to a bowl.
2. Meanwhile, using rubber gloves make a vertical slit down the length of each chili and remove the seeds and veins.
3. Add the chilies to the boiling water and boil for 5 minutes.
4. Drain the chilies and immediately transfer to a bowl of ice water.
5. Heat the oil in a saucepan over medium heat.
6. Sauté the onions until soft.
7. Add the garlic and sauté for an additional one minute.
8. Add the tomato and simmer for about 5 minutes, stirring constantly.
9. Add the tuna, olives, bay leaf, and parsley.
10. Simmer for about 10 minutes until it looks dry.
11. Remove the bay leaf and add feta.
12. Pat dry the jalapenos and stuff with the tuna mixture.
13. Serve and Enjoy!