- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Tuna Stroganoff Recipe
|Canned chicken broth||13 1⁄2 Ounce (1 Can)|
|Flour||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Canned water packed tuna||14 Ounce, drained, reserving liquid (2 Cans, 7 Ounce Each)|
|Tomato sauce||8 Ounce (1 Can)|
|Instant chopped onions||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Canned mushrooms||4 Ounce, undrained|
|Parsley flakes||1 Teaspoon|
|Plain low-fat yogurt||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
Calories 383 Calories from Fat 34
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 4 g5.6%
Saturated Fat 0.77 g3.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 3.4 mg
Sodium 538.7 mg22.4%
Total Carbohydrates 72 g23.9%
Dietary Fiber 5.4 g21.7%
Sugars 7.6 g
Protein 14 g28.9%
Vitamin A 9.2% Vitamin C 16.9%
Calcium 13.7% Iron 35.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Chill the broth and skim off fat from the surface.
2) In a saucepan, blend the flour with the tuna liquid, gradually mix in the broth , stir continuously and cook until thickened.
3) Stir in the onions, tomato sauce, mushrooms, tuna and parsely, then simmer covered until thoroughly heated.
4) Stir in the yogurt, and cook further until heated.
5) Serve immediately in a nice plate.