- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Tuna Spinach Casserole Recipe
|Spinach||10 Ounce (1 Packet)|
|Canned tuna||7 Ounce (1 Can)|
|Canned mushrooms||4 Ounce (1 Can)|
|Lemon juice||2 Tablespoon|
|Butter/Margarine||3 Tablespoon, divided|
|Onion||1 Tablespoon, minced|
|All-purpose flour||2 Tablespoon|
|Whole eggs||1 , lightly beaten|
Calories 249 Calories from Fat 131
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 15 g22.8%
Saturated Fat 7 g34.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 86 mg
Sodium 494.3 mg20.6%
Total Carbohydrates 10 g3.4%
Dietary Fiber 1.9 g7.4%
Sugars 0.8 g
Protein 19 g38%
Vitamin A 140.5% Vitamin C 39.4%
Calcium 8.9% Iron 17.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Place the spinach in a colander and wash thoroughly in cold water.
2. Drain well and remove thick stems.
3. Drain the tuna, break into chunks and keep aside.
4. Drain the mushrooms liquid into a 1 cup measure and add water if necessary to equal 1 whole cup of liquid.
5. In a medium (2-quart) microwave proof casserole or dish, place the spinach.
6. Cook with lid or plastic wrap and place in the microwave and cook for about 7 minutes, until wilted.
7. Drain again and keep aside.
8. In a small (1-quart) microwaveable bowl or casserole, add 2 tablespoons of the butter and melt in the microwave for 1 minute.
9. Stir in onion, flour and seasonings.
10. Return to microwave and cook, for 1 minute until bubbly.
11. Gradually stir in reserved mushroom liquid until well blended.
12. Cook for about 4 minutes, or until sauce is thickened, stirring twice during cooking.
13. Spoon some of this hot sauce into the egg and whisk well to blend. Then add to remaining sauce and blend in.
14. Add drained mushrooms into sauce.
15. Place the drained spinach back in the medium casserole or dish.
16. Scatter the tuna chunks evenly over the spinach.
17. Cover with the mushroom sauce and dot with remaining butter.
18. Cook in microwave for about 10 minutes or until hot and bubbly.
19. Cover the dish and let stand for 5 minutes before serving.
20. Take the dish straight to the table and serve hot and cheesy.