- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Tuna Spaghetti Bake Recipe
|Tomato sauce||1 Quart (block, frozen, bottled or homemade)|
|Water||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Bouillon cube||1 (beef or chicken)|
|Spaghetti||8 Ounce (1 package)|
|Canned tuna||14 Ounce (2 cans ,7 oz each)|
|Sharp process cheese slice||2 , quartered (2 slices, 3 1/2 square)|
|For home cooked tomato sauce : (for 4 quarts)|
|Canned italian style peeled tomatoes/8 (14 oz ) cans||112 Ounce (4 cans, 1 lb 12 oz each)|
|Canned tomato paste||48 Ounce (8 cans,6 oz each)|
|Oil||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Garlic||4 Clove (20 gm)|
|Parmesan cheese||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
Calories 895 Calories from Fat 267
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 30 g46.8%
Saturated Fat 5.5 g27.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 19 mg
Sodium 3166.9 mg132%
Total Carbohydrates 126 g41.9%
Dietary Fiber 22.1 g88.3%
Sugars 36.1 g
Protein 48 g96.6%
Vitamin A 163.4% Vitamin C 200.9%
Calcium 40.1% Iron 98.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Preheat the oven to 375° F.
2) Home Cooked Tomato Sauce : In a 8 quart kettle, combine all the ingredients together and bring to a boil.
3) Simmer uncovered over a very low heat for about 6 1/2 hours, or until the tomato pulp is thoroughly cooked, stirring occasionally.
4) Stir in some more water, if needed for thick white saucy consistency.
5) Remove and discard the bay leaves.
6) Divide the mixture into four 1 qt portions and allow to cool.
7) Freeze the mixture in glass loaf pans, until frozen.
8) Then remove the sauce from pans, wrap each block separately in a heavy-duty foil or place in pliofilm bags and store in freezer.
9) Slice the blocks with frozen food saw or heavy knife when needed and use the Home Cooked Tomato Sauce as required.
10) In a pan, heat the tomato sauce, water and bouillon cube.
11) In a pan, cook the spaghetti as per package directions; drain and return to the pan.
12) Add the flaked tuna and tomato sauce; toss together until thoroughly coated.
13) In a greased 2 1/2 qt baking dish, torn the spaghetti mixture top with the cheese slices.
14) Cover and bake in the preheated oven for 10 minutes, then uncover and bake for another 10 minutes.
15) Serve the Tuna Spaghetti Bake immediately.