- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Nina Marano's Tuna Salad with Apples Recipe Video
|Tuna fish||100 Gram (fresh is best)|
|Regular salt||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Cracked black pepper||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Real mayonnaise||3 Tablespoon|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 589 Calories from Fat 366
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 41 g62.6%
Saturated Fat 4.6 g22.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 70.1 mg
Sodium 1223.6 mg51%
Total Carbohydrates 31 g10.5%
Dietary Fiber 5.9 g23.7%
Sugars 19.6 g
Protein 25 g50.2%
Vitamin A 45.4% Vitamin C 24.8%
Calcium 5.2% Iron 11.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Cut the tuna fillet into small cubes.
2. In a heated non-stick skillet, saute the fish cubes only for a couple of minutes. It is healthier as no oil is used for cooking.
3. Sprinkle some salt and pepper. Do not cook much as the flavor changes if you cook too much. Once cooked, remove to a plate.Let cool slightly.
4. Put the cooked tuna in a bowl, add diced apple and chopped onion. Beat the mayonnaise and drizzle over the contents in the bowl. Toss gently
5. You can serve the salad at room temperature or even chill it before serving over a bed of lettuce or greens.