- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Tuna Patties Recipe
|Idaho mashed potato granules||4 Ounce (French'S, 1 Envelope)|
|Egg||1 , slightly beaten|
|Minced onions||1 Tablespoon (French'S)|
|Canned tuna||6 1⁄2 Ounce, drained (1 Can)|
|American cheese slices/Tartar sauce||4 Ounce (For Garnish)|
Calories 272 Calories from Fat 131
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 15 g22.5%
Saturated Fat 6.2 g31.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 58.5 mg19.5%
Sodium 436 mg18.2%
Total Carbohydrates 19 g6.4%
Dietary Fiber 1.4 g5.6%
Sugars 1.8 g
Protein 15 g30.3%
Vitamin A 6% Vitamin C 5.7%
Calcium 13.3% Iron 5.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Drain tuna and flake into chunks, removing bones and skin if any.
2. Prepare the mashed potatoes according to package instructions, reducing the water content to not more that 1 cup, to get a fairly stiff mash. Let the mash cool.
3. In a bowl, combine the flaked tuna with prepared mashed potatoes, egg and onions.
4. Season to taste if required.
5. Mix lightly but thoroughly with a fork.
6. Lightly grease your hands then divide mixture into 6 equal portions.
7. Shape each portion into a 1/2-inch thick patty.
8. Place on a plate and refrigerate until ready to fry.
9. Just before serving, in a frying pan, heat the oil.
10. Arrange patties in hot oil and fry for 3-4 minutes on each side or until golden and crisp, carefully turning with a pancake turner.
11. Serve the cakes hot topped with half a slice of cheese each or tartar sauce of if you like.