- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Tuna Pastries Recipe
|Canned tuna fish||7 Ounce (1 Tin)|
|Chopped parsley||1 Tablespoon|
|Curry powder||1 Pinch|
|Fresh white breadcrumbs||1 Tablespoon|
|Lemon juice||1 Teaspoon|
|Egg||1 , lightly mixed|
|Frozen puff pastry||8 Ounce, thawed|
Calories 882 Calories from Fat 488
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 54 g83.4%
Saturated Fat 13.3 g66.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 123.6 mg
Sodium 922.3 mg38.4%
Total Carbohydrates 56 g18.7%
Dietary Fiber 2.3 g9.1%
Sugars 1.5 g
Protein 41 g82.4%
Vitamin A 16.7% Vitamin C 18.6%
Calcium 6.1% Iron 31%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Drain the tuna and into a basin, flake the flesh. Add the parsley, seasoning, curry powder, breadcrumbs, lemon juice and just enough egg to bind the mixture to a damp consistency.
2) Roll out the pastry thinly into a square measuring about 10-inches on a lightly floured working surface. Trim the edges and cut the square into 4 small squares.
3) Into the center of each square, spoon a quarter of the filling.
4) Moisten the edges and fold the pastry over to make a triangular shape. Seal by pressing the edges together and then slash the pastry top.
5) Store in the fridge.
6) Serve and use as required.