- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Tuna Pasta Salad Recipe
|Whole wheat pasta||1 Cup (16 tbs), cooked to make 1 1/2 cup (Use Shells Or Spirals)|
|Plain non-fat yogurt||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Honey||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Lemon juice||1 Tablespoon|
|Balsamic vinegar||1 Teaspoon|
|Dried dill weed||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Celery seed||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|White pepper||1 Pinch|
|Water packed light tuna||6 1⁄2 Ounce, rinsed if salted, drained and flaked (1 Can)|
|Frozen peas||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs), unthawed|
|Chopped celery||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Chopped red pepper||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Chopped green onion||2 Tablespoon|
Calories 371 Calories from Fat 26
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 3 g5%
Saturated Fat 0.29 g1.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 27.9 mg
Sodium 118.8 mg5%
Total Carbohydrates 54 g18.1%
Dietary Fiber 8.8 g35%
Sugars 8.6 g
Protein 39 g77.4%
Vitamin A 42.7% Vitamin C 66.6%
Calcium 14.6% Iron 15.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) In boiling water, cook pasta for 10-12 minutes.
2) Drain well, when done and wash under cold water.
3) Take a large bowl and mix together yogurt, honey, lemon juice, vinegar, dill, celery seed, paprika and white pepper in it.
4) Mix in pasta, tuna, peas, celery and red pepper gently, but thoroughly until uniformly coated with dressing.
5) Chill if required and top with green onion.
6) Serve at room temperature after keeping aside for a minimum of 15 minutes, if chilled.
Cover and refrigerate the salad if it has to be kept for more than 2 hours.